In 1960 when the Fire Department was formed the members were able to acquire property from Ward (which was later purchased from Trap Rock and then currently Tilcon) to build the main Fire House on Route 202 in the hamlet of Thiells, Town of Haverstraw. The original Firehouse was a 2 bay building which was built by the members and housed the trucks they acquired. Eventually a 3rd bay was added as well as an additional extension to expand the kitchen, recreational area, and offices. The Firehouse was dedicated to Raymond Lund, our first Chief. Over the years the members have built the outdoor pavilion, trophy case, and recreational areas.
This main firehouse is called 26-100 and houses 26-1501 (2021 Spartan Metro Series Engine), 26-Rescue (2018 Spartan/Rescue1), 26-99 (1999 KME 100’ Arial Kat Ladder) and is home to our Firefighter Memorial.